Followers

Looking for the monthly challenge? Click on the tab below.

Friday, July 11, 2014

"Friends" Tag by Karen

Hi there,

Karen here, sharing a really fun "Friends" tag using the Craft-Dee BowZ tool.  I absolutely love the large tag concept, so ultimately, this tag will definitely be an album cover.

The tag measures 4 3/4 X 8, which offers great space for loads of creativity. The base layer is a patterned mega tag by K and Company.  I added a random coat of gesso creating a whitewash effect. I then used my stencil to add a sketch grid pattern to the tag. To enhance the whitewash effect I added white gelatos to the edges of the tag and adhered the tag to chipboard as prep for an album. I accented all embellishments with gesso to easily blend with the tag. I continued embellishing and added 2 really cute bows that I created with the Craft-Dee Bowz tool to enhance the overall design.

 
Friends Tag by Karen Jiles Supplies Tag: K and Company; Wooden tickets: Prima; Flowers: Recollections; Gelatos: Faber Castell; Adhesive: Xyron; Tool: Craft-Dee-BowZ; Stencil: The Crafter's Workshop; Other: Ribbon, Paint, Cheesecloth, Gesso
 



This is a close up of the bows and other embellishments.  I love how effortless the tool makes bow making. I was able to make multi looped bows very quickly and in just the right sizes.
Thanks so much for visiting today...:)

Karen